Bharathiyar Arts & Science College for Women, Deviyakurichi, is a 22 years old Higher Educational Institution for Women under the direction of Sri Sakthi Educational Trust in the year 1997. The Institution continues to be affiliated to Periyar University. In tune with its mission, the College promotes inclusive practices in the delivery of its academic programmes taking into account learning differences and the special needs of the differently-abled.
The College with its motto ‘Discipline, Education & Progress’ imparts value-based education. The curriculum promotes national development through fostering global competencies and facilitating skills to meet the challenges in recent scenario. The wide range of programmes include traditional Arts, Science and contemporary courses in emerging trends.
The system assures the students optimal educational benefits and contributes towards their growth. The prime focus of the College is research and this is augmented by significant academic activities in the campus. The College also involves the students in co-curricular and extra-curricular activities to sensitize them to social realities. Thus, they are motivated to be a part of the community in a more meaningful way. Their participation in extension, community and outreach programmes vouch for the Institution’s commitment to social responsibility.
Bharathiyar Arts & Science College for Women has a long tradition of service and concern for the socially and economically marginalized section of the society. The College offers a vibrant environment by creating a platform to develop students’ potential.
The College has miles to go with its rich tradition to fall back on and as an Institution, an eternity to look forward to.
By the grace of God and the perennial support of our management we are growing from strength to strength. As an acknowledgement of academic excellence, our college is recognized by UGC under section 2(f)and 12 (B) and also we got NAAC accreditation.
“ Annum Pennum Nigarenakkolvathal
Arivil O’ngi Ivvaiyagam
This world will achieve excellence in knowledge and wisdom by holding men and women equal.
To enlighten the views of Bharathiyar, a revolutionary poet of Tamil has come true with our Bharathiyar Educational Institutions for women, which is exclusively meant for the upliftment of the rural women. We have a vision that the students coming out of our campus should be emotionally sound, practically efficient, morally upright and intellectually competent.
- To impart quality education and exposure to the students and equip them to cope with the competitive arena.
- To facilitate young adult learners to shine themselves with the ethical and moral values
- To instill scientific zeal and the innovative methods to be inculcated.
- To integrate our learners towards social concerns, human rights, gender and environment issues.
- The college’s mission is “to impart quality education and exposure to the rural women and equip them to cope with the competitive arena”, through the pursuit of education, learning, and research at the highest international levels of excellence. This reflects one of its core values, which is to provide high quality provision across all subjects offered. The College’s quality assurance procedures provide a framework, which can examine and enhance the teaching activities to achieve excellence.