CITIZEN CONSUMER CLUB
ABOUT THE CLUB
The basis of any democracy is its people, children and teenage students constitute the hope and future of every democracy. Investing in children and teenage students to handle life situations will no doubt generate the highest return in the form of enlightened and honest citizens. Teaching and sensitizing students to become responsible citizens who carry out their fundamental duties as citizens without being told and question their rights are infringed, will be our common goals.
MOTTO:”AWARE, ALERT & ACTION”
• To make the students fundamental rights of a citizen and impart the values and fundamental duties of a good citizen.
• To instill knowledge and skills relating to consumer rights among the students.
• To create and awareness on the responsibilities of a customers.
• To build a base of enlightened citizen consumer as the foundation of a future India.
• To enable students understand fundamental rights of a citizen.
• To enable students realize and learn the fundamental duties of a good citizen.
• To learn about laws enacted for protection / welfare of consumers and enforcement authorities concerned.
• To learn about sustainable consumption norms and implement them in real life.
• To develop a sense of awareness among youth on methods of exploitation of consumers by business concern and measures to the protect.
• To educate students about rights of the consumers as provided in Consumer Protection Act 1986
• To mobilize youngsters by instilling in them the spirit of protection of consumer rights
• To impart knowledge about the role of consumers in protection of their rights
• To strengthen the consumer movement in India.
|MS.G.SANGEETHA,M.COM.,M.ED.,M.PHIL.,||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR||COMMERCE||BHARATHIYAR ARTS&SCIENCE COLLEGE (W) DEVIYAKURICHI||9487203943|
- National Consumer Protection Day conducted by Jairam Arts & Science College in our student Ms.R.Soundarya II B.COM (CA) has participated in Essay and Speech Competition and she won III rd prize.
- National Consumer Protection Day conducted by Jairam Arts & Science College in our students Ms.Anufa, Ms.J.Jeevitha and Ms.A.Priyadharshini II B.COM (CA) has participated in Essay and Speech Competition.
- National Consumer Protection Day conducted by Bharathiyar Arts and Science college for women in our student Ms.R.Shanmathi (III B.Sc. CS) has participated in Speech Competition and she won II nd prize.
- National Consumer Protection Day conducted by Bharathiyar Arts and Science college for women in our student Ms.P.Priya (I B.Sc Zoology) has participated in Speech Competition.
- National Consumer Protection Day conducted by Bharathiyar Arts and Science college for women in our student Ms.B.Mohanapriya (II B.Sc Zoology) has participated in Speech Competition.
Complaints & Contacts
Government of Tamil Nadu
Civil Supplies & Consumer Protection Department, Ezhilagam, Chennai-5.
If you have any grievance/complaint relating to any dru/cosmetic, you may file it with the Local Drug Inspector or with the Controller of drugs,
259/261 Anna Salai,
Chennai – 600 006.
Phone: 044 -24321830 or in the web at www.tnhealth.org
Can make online complaints at www.consumer.tn.gov.in
VOLUNTEER ENROLLMENT DETAILS