Entrepreneurial Development Cell
Entrepreneurs play a vital role in the economic development of any region or country. An entrepreneur is a person who organizes, manages and takes the risk of running an enterprise. All industrially development countries such as USA, Japan, Germany etc. show that their development is an effect of entrepreneurship. India has very ambitious growth targets for the future. We got opened up two decades back and enjoy a favourable demographic dividend from its young population. It has emerged as a strong economic force with the second largest growth rate after China. All these happened due to entrepreneurs for the country and all of us believe that we should do whatever possible to develop entrepreneurship.
Many people believe that entrepreneurs are born and not made. This is partially true, for a few are born as entrepreneurs. But it is proven that with the right type of training and adequate motivation entrepreneurs can be developed. With this objective in mind, we organize a few entrepreneurship development programmes. We regularly invite successful entrepreneurs to share their experience with our students. The Entrepreneurship development cell is responsible for such activities. The member of the cell include students of all streams who are interested to become entrepreneurs in future. The cell considers that its major role is to develop employment providers and not employment seekers.
Objectives of our Entrepreneurial Development Cell
- To identify and train the potential Entrepreneurs in backward areas.
- To develop necessary knowledge & skill among the participants is EDPs.
- To provide post- training assistance.
- To provide gainful self employment to the educated young women.
- To diversity the sources of entrepreneurship among students.
- To know the pros & cons of being an entrepreneur.
Vision of the EDC
The basic aim of EDC cell is to encourage college level students today to start their own enterprise. This, it does by the following means:
- Organizing workshops and Lectures periodically to create awareness about entrepreneurship.
- Functioning as a guide for students with creative ideas which can be transformed into successful companies.
- Providing Mentorship through individuals for students launching their start-ups.
The Mission of the EDC
“To develop institutional mechanism to create entrepreneurial culture in academic institutions to foster growth of innovation and entrepreneurship amongst the faculty and students.” Our head Mrs. S. R. Punitha head got Dynamic Entrepreneur award at Techno India Universuty, West Bengal, Kokatta. Our faculty Mrs. S. R. Punitha got Creative Entrepreneur award from Techno India Universitty, West Bengal, Kolkatta.